Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kraft Eden Cheese Saves Christmas: 5,000 Cheese Dishes To be Whipped Up This December 2009!

In the Philippines, Kraft is already a household name. Pinoys use Kraft Eden Cheese in cooking, from salads and desserts to sandwiches and stews. I, for instance, use it for my omellete, spaghetti and fruit salad. It's no wonder Kraft Philippines has decided to forge stronger ties with Pinoys through their kitchens in their latest project.

Photobucket

Last Saturday, I tagged along with my blogger friend Joy to Manila Hotel where Kraft unveiled its plan to surpass India's achievement in the Guinness Book of World Records. Kraft aims to whip up 5,000 cheese dishes to outnumber India's 4,668. But it's not just about showing the world the Filipino's creativity in the kitchen. It's more on saving Christmas for Pinoys, particularly those that were badly affected by the recent typhoons. Inspiring, isn't it?

Photobucket

The Maynila Ballroom of the historic Manila Hotel stood witness to Kraft's ambitious goal. There, a sumptuous 7-course meal (all dishes were made of cheese!) was served to guests composed of chefs, culinary students, bloggers and members of the press.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

juicy US Beef Tenderloin baked in Kraft Eden Cheese


Photobucket

Admittedly, that lunch was one of the best I've ever had. From the starter to the dessert, everything was gastronomically satisfying. I never imagined I could eat cheese from start to finish without losing my appetite. It must be due to the refreshing sherbet they served or I was just really hungry that morning. But I digress.

The grand Kraft Eden Cheese cooking challenge, by the way, will be held on December 14, 2009 at the Araneta Coliseum. It will be participated in by culinary students, cooks and chefs from all over the Philippines. If you wanna be part of history, visit http://sarapngbuhay.com now.

Photobucket

a portion of those who committed themselves in joining the historic attempt on December 14


Photobucket

House of Kraft Eden Cheese

Kudos to Kraft Philippines and Geiser Maclang for making this laudable project possible! :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. I use Kraft Eden in my cooking.. nice pics here. Hope you could visit my food blog at www.morefoodadventures.blogspot.com

    I added u there. Hope you add me in your blogroll too..

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mommy dharlz: thanks for the add, added your food blog to my blogroll as well. cheers po! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream