Sunday, October 3, 2010

Binondo Food Trip: A Thanksgiving Dinner at Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant, Binondo

After several failed visits, my officemates and I finally went to Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant in Binondo for a thanksgiving dinner last Thursday night. We got another six-year lease in the office and we thought it called for a celebration. I brought Edwin along. I have heard a lot of good things about the restaurant, and so my expectations were quite high. I'm happy to announce that it didn't disappoint me. Our dinner of Chinese food had been as authentic as it should be.

We arrived in the place before 6:00 p.m. We were the first guests for dinner. After perusing through the laminated menu, we immediately ordered a couple of dishes including their signature fried chicken and oyster cake. For drinks, most of us had almond gulaman. Prices were quite affordable. We were five and we paid less than P1,500 only, tip included.


sin8
my refreshing almond gulaman

Let's start with the oyster cake (P240). It was loaded (as in really filled!) with the aphrodisiac shellfish. Unfortunately, we didn't like it much. The omelette tasted bland and the seafood goodness of the oysters were too overwhelming for us. But in fairness to the oyster cake, the other occupied tables had it. And the diners were Chinese.


sin5
oyster cake

The fried chicken was awesome. We ordered one whole chicken (P300) and it arrived on our table on two plates. I liked the way it was cooked. They cut the chicken in medium-sized pieces. The skin was crispy and the meat was tender and delicious. It didn't have gravy and instead, there were ketchup and hot sauce provided. It matched well with my fried rice. Now I know why people keep raving about the fried chicken at Sincerity.


sin6
Sincerity Cafe's signature fried chicken


sin1
Sincerity fried rice

For starters, we had some kikiams (P50 each). Unlike the kikiams sold on the streets, theirs were bigger and crunchier. The kikiams also had bits of pork meat and fat which made them really tasty. Plus, they came with some creamy, mushroom gravy that went well with them.


sin2
Sincerity kikiams, not your ordinary street food

The other dishes we ordered were pancit canton and camaron rebosado. I found the pancit too dry and bland for my taste. I had to ask for some soy sauce to finish the serving I got for myself. The camaron rebosado, on the other hand, was ordinary.


sin4
pancit canton


sin3
camaron rebosado

As for the restaurant itself, the service was okay and the ambience was similar to that of a typical Chinese eatery -- simple and laid back. But what made me feel that I was really eating in a Chinese restaurant at that time were the lanterns hanging from the ceiling and the several pieces of framed Chinese silk art hanging on the wall.


sin7

All in all, I can say it was a pleasant dinner. Had I seen any of the staff smiling to us, I would've said it was a fantastic dinner. But they were not that friendly. Our only consolation was that they served our food fast.


group pic

If you're eating at Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant, make sure to include the fried chicken and the kikiams in your order. You'll never regret it. :)

Sincerity Cafe
497 Yuchengco St.
Binondo, Manila

(+632) 241-99-90 and 241-99-72

If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. I got curious about their Sincerity kikiams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, nakakamiss na nga eh.Sana makakain ulit ako nun this year, hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream