Sunday, September 25, 2011

Foodie Find: Bakersville Hand-Made Bagels

A few Mondays ago, a friend gave me two packs of Bakersville Hand-Made Bagels to try: one with oats on top made from whole wheat flour and the other with black and white sesame seeds (plus garlic bits) made from high quality flour. Each pack contains three pieces of bread. The next morning, I brought two pieces (one from each pack) to the office for my breakfast.

.

After reheating the bagels in the oven toaster for five minutes, I took a bite and instantly liked the brown and slightly crisp exterior of the bread. The black and white sesame seeds added crunch and flavor to it. While I was eating it, I noticed the soft but chewy interior with lotsa garlic bits. It made me happy because I love garlic and I like my bread to have a good "crispy-chewy" contrast.

To complete my bagel experience, I spread some butter on it and consumed everything. I did the same thing with the other bagel with oats on top. The two tasted exactly the same.

Next time, I'll try to pair it with some jam or better yet, some greasy peanut butter. Yum.

Bakersville hand-made bagels are sold at P100 per pack at Mercato Centrale, a fast-rising weekend lifestyle organic and food market situated in Bonifacio Global City. I find it a bit pricey, but considering it's healthy and hand-made, perhaps it wouldn't hurt if I'd give it the right value it deserves. :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream