Monday, April 1, 2013

Persian Dinner at Kebab Depot

After visiting the wake of a friend's mom who died recently, the hubby and I along with our friend Vanessa had a nice dinner of Persian food at Kebab Depot located inside Greenhills Town Center (GTC). Coming from Sta. Mesa, you just turn right to Gilmore Ave. and drive straight until you see the signage of GTC.


Untitled

Kebab Depot serves good Persian food! I had no idea until I tasted them. Our orders consisted of the following Persian favorites: hummus with pita bread, shawarma (also in pita bread), sizzling shawarma (which the hubby ate with plain rice), and beef korma with beryani rice (this one's spicy!).

While my two companions had fresh dalandan juice, I went for the perfect drink, yogurt shake.

Untitled
fresh dalandan juice, P45

Untitled
yogurt shake, P60

Vanessa liked her hummus which was lightly-seasoned but still very flavorful.

Untitled
hummus (this came with one pita bread), P70

Untitled
extra pita bread, P15 each

The same goes for her shawarma in pita bread. I remember she was raving how the beef was tender and had a corned beef-like texture. I couldn't agree more. The beef was fork-tender and very tasty! Actually, the hubby and I ended up ordering one pita bread each so we could finish off the remaining sizzling shawarma.

Untitled
shawarma in pita bread, P80

Untitled
sizzling shawarma, P140

Now, the difference between the shawarma and the sizzling shawarma is the presence of an egg. The latter had it which the hubby happily mixed with the rest of the beef dish. Speaking of the sizzling shawarma, I think it's so sulit at P140! No doubt that with the generous serving, it could easily feed four people by ordering four pita bread to go with it. Yeah, I just thought about it now! Haha.

My beef korma, on the other hand, was a delight in its own right. It was very delicious, I could eat it again and again. The beef was also fork-tender and there was a burst of flavors in every bite. The beryani rice was a little bit soggy and oily but I didn't care because it was yummy as well. Next time, though, I'll try their basmati rice for the long grain effect and minus the spice.

Untitled
beef korma with beryani rice, P155

Kebab Depot is a dainty restaurant with cozy interiors and sharing space with its sister company Salsa Verde. If I'm not mistaken, they have the same owner. You could order food from both restaurants wherever you're sitting at. Cool, ayt?

Untitled
the hubby

Untitled
with our friend Vanessa

The food at Kebab Depot are definitely top-notch. During our visit, everything tasted fresh and good. I appreciated the fact that the servers were friendly and all our orders were served hot off the kitchen. It sure made our dining experience there more enjoyable and satisfying. We are definitely going back to Kebab Depot for our Persian food fix! :)

Kebab Depot
Unit 22 Greenhills Town Center,
2 Granada St., Brgy. Valencia, Quezon City
(+632) 477-9275


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream