Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sunday Family Lunch at King Bee, Daang Hari

We would drive past the King Bee Chinese Restaurant on Centennial Road in Kawit on our way to my parents' place in Naic (both places are in Cavite) and we would always wonder if it serves good Chinese food. Personally, I love Chinese food and I choose to have it all the time. Haha. In fact, I'd prefer it over Japanese and Korean food any time. The flavors of Chinese food have many depths and layers that make them so appealing to me. But I digress. Here, I'm sharing about our generally pleasant King Bee dining experience at their Daang Hari branch.

We dined there just last Sunday when the hubby and I, along with his family, decided to stroll around Alabang via the Daang Hari road. We checked out Alabang Town Center for a while and when lunch time came, we headed back to King Bee - Daang Hari branch to eat. We got a table for five and the waiter handed us the menu immediately after we got seated.

King Bee - Daang Hari is huge with big round tables and Chinese decors all over the place. There are also some glass aquariums with live fish inside, waiting to be ordered by dining customers. During our visit, several tables were already occupied by families. Outside, the parking slots were almost half-full.

Our simple lunch consisted of the following:

Untitled

This Yang Chow Fried Rice (P330, medium) was tasty and filling. My PIL, who's a picky eater, liked how it wasn't oily and soggy. We ate this with all the other dishes we ordered and we got stuffed easily.

Untitled

Birthday Noodles (P260, regular) is now officially my fave noodles. I love how it has everything I want in a pancit: juicy whole shrimps, squid, pork slices, pork liver, quail eggs, veggies and delicious sauce. It doesn't hurt that King Bee knows how to cook this dish perfectly. I think I can eat this everyday! Haha. By the way, the serving was big we even had to take the leftover home.

Untitled

Sweet and Sour Pork (P280, small). We enjoyed this dish because the pork was juicy and flavorful. It also had the sweet and sour balance that we were looking for. For this dish alone, I believe King Bee is worth a visit. The serving was okay, too, as it could feed two to three persons with normal appetite.

Untitled

Lemon Chicken, (P280, small). We found this too sweet. The sweetness overpowered the lemon-y flavor that should have been the highlight of the dish. Also, the breaded chicken strips had more bread than chicken. Just saying. The serving was okay, though, like two to three persons with normal appetite could share an order.

For drinks, we ordered one glass each of their fresh juices and iced tea. I found my calamansi juice overly sweet. I had to dilute the sweetness by adding more water and ice to it. Haha.

Untitled
my calamansi juice, P60

Presentation and taste wise, the food we had at King Bee were winners in their own right. As for the price, I think it was a bit on the expensive side. We have eaten at more affordable Chinese restaurants before.

I can't say much about the service. The waiters took quite a long time before giving us a water refill and we had to ask twice to get the bill. Hopefully, we'll get better service when we go back. Or maybe, we'll just visit their other branch in Kawit to compare. :)

Untitled
our group

King Bee Chinese Food
Daang Hari Road
Almanza Uno, Las Piñas City

(+632) 359-5221


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream