Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cheap Eats at Rufo’s Famous Tapa, Blue Wave Branch

Last Friday night, I took the hubby to a dining place recommended by an officemate. It’s at Blue Wave, a commercial strip along Macapagal Blvd. in Pasay City. The name of the restaurant is Rufo’s Famous Tapa. My officemate said the food is cheap there. Being on tipid mode, this was where I immediately thought of feeding my husband dinner before going home in Bacoor for the long weekend. We really pass through Macapagal Blvd. on our way home so the location was not a problem.

True to what my officemate had said, the food at Rufo’s is not only cheap, but is also big in taste. It’s one of the very few casual restaurants I know that serves delicious meals at fast food prices. The hubby had an order of their Famous Tapa (P108) while I got their Spaghetti (P59) and Burger (P46 + P12 for the cheese). We also shared an order of their Chili Chicken Wings (P98).

The hubby liked his tapa meal. He said it really lives up to Rufo’s claim “Sauce pa lang, ulam na!” I believed him. I took a bite of the famed Batangas beef tapa and liked how tender and sweet-salty-saucy it was. If I'd have to nitpick it, I'd say the serving is quite small.

Untitled

I have always loved Pinoy-style spaghetti. Rufo’s version didn’t disappoint. I was actually blown away by their spaghetti that came with three small meatballs. It was very tasty and flavorful and had a generous topping of grated cheese. For P59, I thought it was a steal!

Untitled

As for the burger, it was generally okay. The beef patty was juicy and tasty, but I could tell the sesame seed bun used was old. It was crumbly and quite hard to the bite. I finished it, anyway, because I was hungry. Haha. The bread aside, I thought the burger was filling and the size was well worth the price.

Untitled

The chili chicken wings were good, saucy and crunchy with just the right heat. My only complaint is that there were only four small pieces.

Untitled

All in all, it was one good and affordable dinner. I actually plan to go back soon for the spaghetti. It was one of the best Pinoy-style versions I’ve tasted and could definitely compete with Jollibee’s and Greenwich’s. Oh well, just try it so you could make sense of what I’m saying here. :)

Untitled
with the hubby


Rufo's Famous Tapa
Blue Wave Strip Mall
Macapagal Ave. cor. EDSA Ext.
Pasay City
(+632) 511-0436 and (+632) 511-0437


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream