Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Merienda at Café Breton

For our post-Valentine’s Day celebration, the hubby and I had a double date with my parents in Tagaytay. After our buffet lunch at Celina’s Café and Restaurant where we feasted on mostly Pinoy food, we strolled around Sky Ranch and when it was time for merienda, we headed over to The Cliffhouse to enjoy French crepe and coffee at Café Breton.

Untitled

The first Café Breton branch I’ve been to was the one at Paseo de Sta. Rosa in Sta. Rosa City, Laguna. I remembered loving their La Pinay crepe (P180) then so that’s what I immediately ordered for us to share. Actually, it was just my mom and I who ate most of it because our two guy companions were not really fond of crepes. Haha.

Untitled

My mom said the crepe was yummy and I couldn’t agree more. The combination of the sweet crepe, the fresh mango slices, the chocolate sauce and the vanilla ice cream was really delicious and comforting.

We also got some drinks. My parents had a cup of Cappuccino (P90) each while the hubby settled for Chocolate Milk Shake (P125). I, on the other hand, went for my favorite Banoffee (P130).

Untitled
freshly-brewed Cappuccino

Untitled

Among them, it was my drink that stood out. Imagine cold espresso with blended banana and caramel syrup finished off with whipped cream. It was sweet, creamy, fruity, milky, nutty, caramel-y and chocolate-y with a slight hint of bitterness from the coffee. It was pure bliss in a glass!

Untitled
Banofee on the left, Chocolate Milk Shake on the right

All in all, it was a good merienda for all of us. I liked the fact that Cafe Breton has been able to keep their prices affordable all these years. The cozy ambience of the restaurant, the quiet atmosphere inside, the attention to detail in the design of the interiors and the personalized service of the staff added up to give us a pleasant dining experience there. What a great way to re-energize ourselves before going home!

Untitled
with my parents at The Cliffhouse stairs

Cafe Breton
G/L The Cliffhouse
Aguinaldo Highway
Tagaytay City


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream