Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dinner at Pugon Roasters, Ayala Triangle

Last month during one of our weekend nights out, the hubby and I, along with my brother Danison, checked out Ayala Triangle Gardens in Makati. It was my brother’s first time there and so we decided to treat him to dinner and some coffee after. For dinner, we chose Chef Lau’s Pugon Roasters and we were very satisfied because they served us with delicious, restaurant-grade food at fast food prices.

Chef Lau is Rolando Laudico, a Culinary Institute of America-educated chef who appeared as one of the three judges on ABS-CBN's competitive cooking game show Junior MasterChef Pinoy Edition aired in 2011. By the way, Pugon Roasters stands right beside Banapple. It’s a no frills restaurant with a casual vibe. You pay as you order and wait for your food to be served on your table.

Untitled

I had Caldereta Mac and Cheese (P89) which I finished up to the last bite. This isn’t your ordinary mac and cheese as it has mashed potato and cheesy caldereta meat. It was big in taste and flavor. At first I thought the serving was small (I found the ramekin where it was placed small, actually) but it turned out to be very filling. I would have appreciated it more had it been served to me piping hot with STILL melting cheese on top. Looking at the photo below, you could tell it was not as hot as I expected it to be.

Untitled

The hubby got Sizzling Chicken Sisig (P89) which he paired with white rice. I tried it and it was very tasty. There was a generous serving of chicken meat and the spice level was just right. My only complaint was that it was too oily.

Untitled

My brother went for one of their chicken specialties. I’m not sure of its name but as you can see in the photo below, it’s ¼ fried chicken with adobo sauce. The price was also P99. He said the chicken was crispy and lightly-seasoned and the adobo sauce complemented it well.

Untitled

Untitled
my two guy companions (photo taken at CBTL-Ayala Triangle where we had coffee)

When you find yourself at Ayala Triangle Gardens and you suddenly got hungry, give Chef Lau’s Pugon Roasters a try. They’re one of the few restaurants there that serve decent meals at pocket-friendly prices.

Chef Lau's Pugon Roasters
Ayala Triangle Gardens
Makati Avenue
Bel-Air, Makati

(+632) 621-6100


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream