Thursday, September 4, 2014

Lunch Buffet at Circles Event Cafe, Makati Shangri-La

Armed with two GCs I won from the raffle at a Nissan event the hubby and I attended sometime last year, we had a lunch buffet at Circles Event Cafe of Shangri-La Hotel Makati one fine Monday. The food selection wasn't as massive as that of Sofitel's Spiral, but we enjoyed the cozy and intimate ambience and the very attentive staff. I secretly wished, though, that they had fresh crabs and scallops but unfortunately, those were not available during our visit.

Untitled

Below are the various kinds of food I got from the buffet spread:

Untitled

These breads were nice to eat. Soft and chewy center with crunchy edges.

Untitled

I started my meal with this salad. It looks messy but it was bursting with flavors.

Untitled

This miso soup tasted okay. I got a lot of leeks because it's one of my fave veggies.

Untitled

I liked how plump and juicy and fresh the mussels were! I requested for these to be cooked in butter and garlic and it proved to be a good decision.

Untitled

I requested the tiger prawns to be cooked Singaporean style and the chef at the cooking station happily obliged. This was yummy! The sauce had a good balance of saltiness and sweetness and the tiger prawns were well-cooked. I ate everything because the hubby is allergic to seafood. Lucky me!

Untitled

I requested this carbonara from the chef at the pasta station. A few minutes after, this lovely plate of creamy goodness was served to me. It was pretty good.

Untitled

The tempura was crunchy and thinly-breaded, which I appreciated. The dimsum were okay but nothing special.

Untitled

When in a buffet place, I try to eat some Indian food, too. And steak, of course. The steak was memorable because it was juicy and fork-tender and had a little fat in the center.

Untitled

I never leave a buffet place without trying their ice cream whether it's homemade or commercial. At Circles, they had homemade sorbet and gelato. I got raspberry sorbet and yogurt gelato. I so looooove the latter! I'm a big yogurt fan, you know. But believe me when I say that the yogurt gelato was very good. So creamy, tangy and just a little sweet. It was perfect, IMHO.

Untitled

I ended my meal with fruits. I made sure to get some for fiber. Haha.

Untitled
my eating buddy!

Next time, we'll try the dinner buffet and compare it with our lunch buffet experience, food and service wise. :)

Circles Event Cafe
Shangri-La Hotel Makati
Ayala cor. Makati Avenues, Makati

(+632) 813-8888


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream