Monday, September 9, 2013

Yummy Katsu Lunch at Crazy Katsu, UP-Maginhawa St.

Located inside Teacher's Village in UP Diliman, Crazy Katsu is just one of the restaurants along Maginhawa, the street that’s now a popular foodie destination. After our visit to Obando Church yesterday, I had lunch there along with my three companions (the hubby, my superfriend Nice and my friend Melay). Since the Japanese dining place is known for its katsu, we decided to order their katsu dishes.
Untitled

Nice and I had their Tonkatsu (P140) while the hubby and Melay settled for their Katsudon (P150). As we had expected, we liked Crazy Katsu’s food. It also helped that their wait staff were fast and friendly. The place may be tiny with only a few tables inside and a few more outside the restaurant, but when we were there, it was packed with happy diners. I just find it weird that the wait staff don't use trays when serving food.

My tonkatsu came in a generous serving on a bed of shredded fresh cabbage and a side of plain rice. Two dips were provided: a special tonkatsu sauce (which was flavorful and yummy) and Japanese mayo (which was really good as well). I actually combined the two dips to make for the perfect dip.
Untitled

As for the tonkatsu, it was lightly seasoned (almost bland to my taste) and the two dips provided the rich taste I was looking for. What the tonkatsu lacked in taste it made up with its freshness, juiciness and crrrrrunch! I’m also happy to report that the amount of breading and fat in the pork was very minimal and the meat was even thicker than those served in most Japanese restaurants I know. That’s definitely good value for our money.

The hubby’s katsudon (which I tried a few bites of), on the other hand, was equally good. The pork meat here was very tasty because of the sauce and egg mixed in. For P150 a bowl, I think it was sulit, too.
Untitled

We didn’t bother to order drinks anymore because we still had our energy drinks with us which we originally brought for our Obando trip. We were able to save some bucks that way. Haha.

Untitled
with my two crazy girl friends

We truly enjoyed our simple yet very delectable Japanese lunch at Crazy Katsu. And I hope I could go back at Maginhawa St. soon to try the other good restos there.

Crazy Katsu
81 Maginhawa St.
Teacher’s Village
Diliman, Quezon City
(+632) 435-0030


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream