Monday, January 26, 2009

Pinoy Chili con Carne Recipe | Comfort Food Made Easy

Not everyone likes this dish but it has been one of my favorites since college. I dunno but for me, Chili con Carne makes for a comfort food. It's one of the hearty meals I eat whenever I miss the warmth of home. Last weekend, I experimented in a friend's spacious kitchen and cooked some Chili con Carne. I added a Pinoy twist to the dish by adding some bay leaves and putting less chili. Please bear with me if I call it Pinoy Chili con Carne on this blog. Get the ingredients and cooking directions after the jump...

Photobucket


Ingredients:

1 kl. ground beef
300 g red kidney beans (soaked overnight)
250 g tomato sauce
250 g tomato paste (for that reddish look and thick consistency)
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, sliced
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 large onions, sliced
cooking oil
2 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Boil the red kidney beans (soaked overnight) in a saucepan for 45 minutes or until tender.
2. In a big pan, put cooking oil. Add the onions and the ground beef. Simmer while stirring occasionally.
3. Add bell peppers, tomato sauce, tomato paste and chili powder.
4. Add the two cups of water.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the tender, red kidney beans. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes for the flavors to come out.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve in a big bowl.

The recipe yields 12-15 servings.

My siblings loved the dish while I got stuffed the whole weekend eating the same food from breakfast to dinner.Haha.

Watch out for more of my experiments in the kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream