Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yummy Katsudon at Hot Chicks, SM Supermarket Food Stalls

Whenever I do grocery shopping at an SM Supermarket, I always end up eating at one of the food stalls fronting its counters. There are just too many food choices there that resisting the urge to eat is impossible. One afternoon at the SM Supermarket inside SM Manila, I craved for Japanese food and ordered Katsudon at Hot Chicks which is strategically located near the baggage deposit area of the supermarket. If I'm not mistaken, Hot Chicks is operated by SM Supermarket itself.

Photobucket

Katsudon is a popular Japanese food consisting of plain, white rice topped with breaded pork cutlets, egg and a special sauce with sliced onions, leeks and vegetables. At P55, which was budget-friendly for me, the Katsudon at Hot Chicks was delicious and came in generous serving. I think its the sliced onions and leeks that give this Japanese rice toppings its characteristic aroma and flavor. Compared to other Katsudons I've tried before, Hot Chick's Katsudon had just the right saltiness.

Photobucket

The Katsudon at Hot Chicks is the perfect meal for students and for people on the go. The only thing I didn't like about it was the size of the pork meat used. Apparently, the breading (which I have to admit was tasty!) was bigger than the pork meat.

Photobucket

See what I mean? I hope they do something about this little observation of mine. SM Supermarket denizens like me will surely appreciate seeing the Katsudon at Hot Chicks get meatier and not more breading-ful, if there is such a word.

Aside from Katsudon, Hot Chicks sells whole fried chicken and a couple of rice meals.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. i love the squid balls sold at Odd Balls in SM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @u8mypinkcookies: i should try it one of these days. hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream