Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our First Taste of Brothers Burger

Whenever Edwin and I pass thru Roxas Blvd. on our way to Mall of Asia (MOA), I always see Brothers Burger (the establishment) beside the container vans turned gimmick place near the corner of Remedios St. I promised myself that I'd check the place out one day but I never got around to do it. Good thing that when we went to Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig last Easter Sunday, I saw the same burger joint at Bonifacio High Street (BHS). When it was time for us to have some snacks, I asked Edwin's sister A and my sister J to try it out. It was our first time to have a taste of their offerings so we were quite excited.

We stepped inside the store and immediately read their menu posted on the wall near the counter. Ordering was fast, but I thought the girl behind the counter looked snobbish and acted as if she was in a hurry. We were given a number and were told to wait for our food to be served on our table. The place was packed with customers that time but we were still lucky to snatch a table outside.

Soon after our order came. Too bad Edwin was already in the car (he was tired and sleepy after our malling and opted not to join us at Brothers Burger anymore) and he had the camera I needed for picture taking. But I had to take photos so I just used my camera phone and snapped away.

24042011(001)
testing my camera phone, haha

I had a Baby Brothers Burger at P65, a serving of onion rings at P65 and a glass of lemonade at P50. A and J ordered the same thing: Baby Brothers Burger and Coke. A Baby Brothers Burger is basically one small beef patty with a slice of cheese, some mayo and catsup on a soft, warm bun. We were one in saying that our burgers were grilled to perfection, juicy and packed with rich, smoky flavors. I'd like to believe the burgers were charcoal-grilled and not cooked on a flat-top grill as in most fast food restaurants. You can say we loved 'em burgers but we found the size small for the price. We actually felt bitin.

24042011(005)
this burger covers just half my palm

As for my onion rings, I thought it was just right. A serving had around 10 big rings. Each had a crunchy texture and good taste that went well with my burger. I dipped 'em onion rings in the complimentary mayo and catsup and I was very satisfied! (I love onion rings and when I have a lot of time in my hands, I cook them myself at home.)

24042011(008)

The lemonade wasn't the fresh kind but it sure was effective in washing down all the food I ate. I found it over-priced, too, at P50 for a medium-sized glass. Haha.

24042011(004)

Things I liked at Brothers Burger:

-minimal wait for our food
-tasty burgers and onion rings
-nice take-out bag
-happy vibe of the place

Things I didn't like:

-fast but snobbish service
-overpriced items on the menu

24042011(009)
this nice take-out bag and its contents all went to Edwin

Despite of and in spite of, we still plan to go back to Brothers Burger for more of their delicious burgers. I hope they come up with some cool promos soon so we can make the most of our Brothers Burger experience on our next visit. :)

Brothers Burger-BHS
Fort Bonifacio Global City
5th Avenue, Fort Bonifacio Global City
Taguig, Metro Manila

(+632) 856-2405 to 06


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. I had them years before, they were great, i hope they are still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they're still great.kaso namamahalan talaga ako. that's the frugal in me speaking. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream