Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Razon's Famous Halo-Halo is Addicting!

My brother D is one lucky guy. After landing a teaching job last month, he has passed the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) recently, and is now a licensed teacher. He got his first salary two weeks ago and he gladly shared his blessings to us through a merienda treat at Razon's of Guagua, SM Manila branch. This restaurant that serves Pampanga cuisine is famous for two things: Pancit Luglog and Halo-halo. The extremely hot weather here in Manila prompted us to order the latter and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

The restaurant was filled with diners when we arrived. We had to wait for a while before we got seated. I noticed that there was a perennial item on each table: Razon's famous halo-halo. Thinking about it now, I guess it's enough proof to show they have the best halo-halo in town.

place1 copy

I can only think of one adjective to describe Razon's famous halo-halo: addicting! The moment my spoon touched the fine shaved ice of the halo-halo, I knew I'd have a great time eating it. With only three choices of "halo" (saba banana, macapuno and leche flan with dayap rind), Razon's famous halo-halo was surprisingly good. I noticed that it was not as sweet as the other halo-halos I've tasted before. The sweetness had no "umay" factor, if you know what I mean. Each spoonful of this favorite Pinoy treat was welcomed by my mouth with gusto. The price of P90 per glass may be a bit steep, but believe me, it's so worth it.

razons halohalo copy

I can say that Razon's halo-halo belongs to a class of its own. I think what separates it from the other halo-halos (those that boast of a lot of "halo" or ingredient) in the country are the following points:

1. it has just the right creaminess and sweetness
2. the shaved ice used is finer
3. the three ingredients form a balance of flavors that is very unique, tasty and hard to resist

Here are the other items we ordered:

burger copy

I had this super yummy Razon's Homemade Burger all by myself. The burger patty, as you can see, was well-done on the outside but the doneness was just right inside. I could sense it was fried but it was not at all greasy. This came with a side of fried fresh potatoes and a small glass of iced tea. Price was P105. I liked it that they provided me with mayo and catsup bottles for us to get as much as I wanted. Cool.

tocino copy

My brother D ate this Tocilog Meal (sweetened cured pork + fried rice + fried egg). He said it was good but nothing special. He thought it was overpriced, too at P105. Haha.

d1 copy
my brother and I

d2 copy
the fiancee with his sister A

I was craving for Razon's halo-halo last Sunday afternoon so I asked the fiancee to go to Razon's SM Manila. We ordered one glass each and finished it in no time. My cravings aside, I also wanted to check if Razon's was consistent with the taste of its halo-halo. Surprise, surprise...they were! Their halo-halo looked, smelled and tasted the same. This means they have already standardized its quality. I wonder if the same can be said of the halo-halos they serve in their other branches, though. I'll tell you when I get the chance to dine in them. :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

3 comments:

  1. The branches here in Manila have the same tastes. I'm a regular at their SM North and Trinoma branches. Got to taste the one in Pampanga, iba ang lasa. Maybe because the leche flan was made out of native eggs. Plus the price is cheaper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @foodie_soul: really? cool. i wanna try the halo-halo at their original pampanga branch, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetened cured pork looks sweeeet :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream