Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nanos Pizza House: A Piece of Italy in Manila

Nanos Pizza House or simply Nanos is the “new kid on the block” in the exciting restaurant scene of SM Manila. One random Thursday while strolling around the mall with Edwin, my attention was drawn to this red and green-themed dining place that serves Italian food. Two differently-flavored pizzas were laid out on a table in front of their store for people to see and buy. They were offering pizza to-go to people passing by and it was selling like hotcakes! It must be the sign I was waiting for because before Edwin could say no, I had already dragged him to Nanos to have a quick dinner before going home.

acd

Aside from pizza, Nanos serves pasta, salad and rice meals in a self-service, fast food style. It is sandwiched between Salazar's Bakeshop and Meylin's Noodle House on the Lower Ground Floor of the mall. During our visit, there was a long line at the counter area composed mostly of pizza to-go customers. We didn't waste our time and decided to join the queue to get a piece of Italy in Manila.

asdc

Edwin wanted rice and I was not in the mood for some pasta so off we went for their rice meals. He had their Beef Goulash (P99) while I settled for their Meatballs Rice (P79).

Edwin’s Beef Goulash was a plate of rice topped with some tomato-based beef stew. He said it was yummy and the beef was juicy and tender.

photo

I cannot say the same for my Meatballs Rice as the sauce that came with the meatballs was too salty. I had a hard time finishing my rice because the sauce was already mixed with it. As with the two giant meatballs, they were a bit bland for my taste. I could also sense the amount of extender they added to ‘em meatballs was more than what I expected.

photo1

We also got a slice of their original Cheese Pizza (P69) just because I was curious of the taste. It was actually big for its price. I thought the taste lacked flavor. While I liked the soft and chewy crust, I found the pizza sauce bland and the mozzarella inadequate.

photo3

For drinks, Edwin got a Coke (P35) while I ordered their Banana Shake (P45). I loved my drink. It was lightly sweetened and I could taste the rich and comforting banana flavor in every sip. The serving was big, too. For P45, I thought this was very reasonably priced.

photo4

Nanos felt like the more popular Italian restaurant Sbarro to me, except that their food was cheaper, they had more stylish tables and chairs (that looked like world class Cebu furniture!) and their wait staff were more friendly (and most of them spoke Cebuano, too). I wanted to ask the waiter who served my banana shake if the owner was a Cebuano but I got shy. I just asked him if they had other branches. He answered in the negative and explained further that this was their only branch. Nice. I seriously think they have potentials to grow big.

photo2

Nanos
LGF SM Manila
Arroceros cor. Cocnepcion Sts.
Ermita, Manila


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

4 comments:

  1. Gee! thanks for the info, i was actually craving for Italian dishes...So, when It will be our turn to head to SM Manila, I do know what to expect with Nano, so do you think it would be quite recommendable, in spite of the not so delighting dining experience with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joy: My pleasure.I think it's still recommendable because I have yet to try their other specialties. Haha. And hopefully when they get to read this blog, they'll know what and where to improve on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. try their nano italiano too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I ask you? o you have history about Nano's Pizza has established, where, how to product, when, why is this reason?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream