Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quick Dinner at Ersao-Malacañang

There's this new branch of Ersao that has opened in front of St. Jude Shrine here in our place. I've never eaten at any Ersao outlets yet so I asked the fiancé to join me for dinner here last night. This Taiwanese dining place serves mostly milk teas but they also have some rice meals and snacks, a perfect treat for students, church devotees and passers-by roaming around the surrounding Malacañang complex everyday.

My companion wasn't in the mood to eat, he said he wanted to lose weight for our upcoming wedding. Okay, fine. I just got him a combo meal consisting of dumpling noodle soup and his fave buko pandan shake (P145). For myself, I got a Yofan (P85) and an almond milk tea (P50).

The fiancé's dumpling noodle soup was surprisingly big. It had four medium pieces of steamed dumplings, some ground beef and a generous serving of noodles. I liked the clean taste of the soup and the dumplings were delicious (they somehow reminded me of Dong Bei Dumplings).

er4

It was my first time to eat a Yofan. I even asked the girl behind the counter before ordering what it was like and she said it was simply flavored sticky rice. I'd find out later that it was indeed flavored sticky rice with mushrooms, pork bits and some pork floss as toppings. It looked just like a machang. The heavy texture and the rich flavor were new to me. It was good but my tastebuds didn't like it that much. I didn't finish it (to think the actual serving was very small!) and my companion didn't want to have any, either.

er3
yofan

Acording to the fiancé, his buko pandan shake tasted awesome!

er2

My almond milk tea, on the other, was so-so. The flavor of the almond powder overpowered the milk tea, methinks. The result was a concoction that had a distinct taste from the other milk teas I've drunk.

er1

Our quick dinner at Ersao was not so memorable, food-wise. My only consolation is that the food prices are pocket-friendly and the fiancé got satisfied with what he had. I guess on my next visit here, I'll just play safe and go for the other food items that I'm more familiar with so I don't end up disappointing myself. :)

er5
with my date

Ersao-Malacañang Branch
(in front of St. Jude Shrine)
J.P. Laurel St.
San Miguel, Manila



If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream