Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dinner at Kebabers, SM Manila

Aside from Chinese food, another food I have high respect for is Persian. Whenever I hear a new kebab place has opened, I really take time to check it out, especially when it's within the vicinity. So when I spotted the new Kebabers at SM Manila last October 2, I convinced my brother, my sister and my mom to have dinner there before catching Kung Fu Divas in the cinema. Haha.

Untitled

These are what we ordered that night:

Untitled
2-piece Kebab with Cheese Value Meal, P110

Untitled
Beef Shawarma Value Meal, P94

Untitled
Steak Shawarma Value Meal, P114

Untitled
Pepper Steak Value Meal, P120

Each value meal came with a regular sized soda. We were also given two sauces for the shawarma: garlic and chili.

Untitled these sauces are Kebabers' only saving grace, methinks

Seriously, the food didn't get us full that we had to buy some donuts to fill us up before going to the cinema. The pita, for one, was very thin and the beef serving was too small. The fries-like thing on the shawarmas were actually fries-like snack which tasted like the one from Oishi. (I initially thought they were Picnic fries.) The overall taste was ordinary, bordering on forgettable.

Our collective verdict? Mediocre food, small servings and quite expensive price considering it's fast food. The service during our visit was fast but we found the staff too relaxed and unfriendly. Our chance of going back is very low. If I'm craving for Persian food, I'd rather go all the way to San Juan to dine at Kebab Depot or to Malate for Shawarma Snack Center.

Untitled

Kebabers
Area 441, 4/F SM Manila
Conception cor. Arroceros & San Marcelino Sts.
Ermita, Manila 1000


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream