Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Affordable Japanese Meals at Yasuo, Robinsons Place Manila

Strolling around Robinsons Place Manila one random weeknight with the hubby and his family, we chanced upon Yasuo, a tiny Japanese restaurant serving affordable meals. We decided to have dinner there and it turned out be pleasurable both for our tummies and our pockets.

Untitled

Yasuo is near the supermarket which makes it easy to locate. While it can only serve less than 20 diners at a time, I noticed that people wait to get seated there.

Untitled

Here are what we ordered during our visit:

Untitled

Miso Ramen, P149. This was the hubby’s food. He said this was good. I took a spoonful and noted the rich flavor of the broth. The serving was also just right, not too little and not too much.

Untitled

Sio Ramen, P129. According to the waitress who dealt with us, this has the original ramen goodness. No miso or soy sauce added as flavor. My PILs loved it!

OTHER RAMEN PLACES WE'VE TRIED:
Ramen Kuroda, BF Homes
Ramen Yushoken, Molito-Alabang
Kokoro Ramenya, Roxas Blvd.
Erra's Ramen, Malate
Izakaya Den Japanese Restaurant, Malate
Rai Rai Ken, Finlandia
Ume-ya Japanese Restaurant, Bacoor
Yoshinoya, SM Manila

11303425885_7e7dbcab02_b

Katsudon, P129. My SIL and I ordered this same dish. The sauce was tasty and the breaded boiled pork was well-seasoned. But I thought the highlight of this dish was the rice used. It was soft and sticky and chewy just like Japanese rice should be.

Untitled

Chicken Katsu Set, P139. This was my FIL’s order. He’s a picky eater but he finished this in no time so I’m guessing it was good.

Untitled

Oyakodon, P139. My MIL’s order had chicken chunks in golden brown sauce and topped with egg and sliced scallion. It’s like Katsudon, only chicken is the meat used and the sauce has just a tinge of sweetness.

Untitled

Looking at the prices of the food above and reading my comments on the food, I bet you’ll agree with me when I say that Yasuo serves cheap yet quality and delicious Japanese food. :)



Yasuo Restaurant
G/L Adriatico Wing
Robinsons Place Manila
Ermita, Manila


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream