Monday, December 16, 2013

Ramen Night at Kokoro Ramenya, Ermita

The hubby was craving for some ramen last night (he thinks he’s turning to be a ramen addict) and I was quite game for it so we agreed to have dinner at the ramen place we’ve long wanted to visit – Kokoro Ramenya in Ermita, Manila. It’s just right across the US Embassy and a mere 5-minute ride from home. This yet another ramen experience made us full to the brim!

Untitled

On our table were two kinds of ramen and a plate of California Maki (the hubby’s ultimate sushi fave):

Untitled

Tantanmen, P275. This was off the menu but they made one for me. (The waitress actually showed me a list of food not from the menu and this was the first one I saw and somehow I was familiar with it from the blogs I've read before so I ordered it.) The serving was huge so I thought the price was reasonable. The soup base was rich and thick miso and I loved how tasty and savory it was. The spicy ground pork, though small in serving, packed a lot of flavor and heat. The restaurant was air-conditioned but I could feel my sweat running from my head down in every spoonful. The noodles were firm and chewy, just how I liked it. It was my first time to have Tantanmen and I was very satisfied. This will definitely set the bar high for the next Tantanmen I'd try.

OTHER RAMEN PLACES WE'VE TRIED:
Ramen Kuroda, BF Homes
Ramen Yushoken, Molito-Alabang
Erra's Ramen, Malate
Yasuo Japanese Restaurant, Robinsons Place Manila
Izakaya Den Japanese Restaurant, Malate
Rai Rai Ken, Finlandia
Ume-ya Japanese Restaurant, Bacoor
Yoshinoya, SM Manila

Untitled

Shoyu Ramen, P235. This was the hubby’s order and he was raving about it. He said the soy-sauce based soup had a delicate, clean taste. The pork was tender and the noodles were al dente just like mine. Suffice it to say, he was very satisfied with this one.

Untitled

California Maki, P185. For appetizer, we had eight pieces of the American-inspired sushi roll. They were okay except that the rice used wasn’t sticky enough to keep the fillings together. Once dipped in the soy sauce-wasabi mix and held by the chopstick, the sushi had to be eaten fast, or it would break apart easily.

Our ramen left us really stuffed. I actually felt a little dizzy after finishing my bowl. It was too heavy for me. Next time, we’ll just order one ramen and some other dishes so it’ll be lighter.

Kokoro Ramenya has neat and spacious interiors and is located at the second floor of the Avenue of the Arts building. There was a cheery vibe inside which we liked. We also noticed the attentiveness and fast service of the staff. The good food plus all of these extras added up to a pleasant dining experience for us.

Untitled

Untitled

We are definitely coming back! :)

Kokoro Ramenya
2/F Avenue of the Arts Building
1388 Guerrero St.
Ermita, Manila

(+632) 254-9716


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. I hope we can visit this ramen house, too, soon! The Tantanmen looks appetizing, and the neat and spacious interiors of the resto are definitely a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go ahead. It's worth the trip. I hope to read your review of the place soon! :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream