Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review: Dusit Thani's Sunday Crossover Brunch Buffet

It only happens once a week so why not take advantage of the glorious feast from four different specialty restaurants in one hotel? I'm talking about Dusit Thani's Sunday Crossover Brunch, people. I experienced this first hand a few months ago (thanks to the online deal I snatched!) along with my hubby and my one and only SIL. What can we say? The food was overwhelming. We really had a very fun and filling brunch!

(PHOTOS TO FOLLOW...)
Once inside Dusit Thani lobby, we went to a corner there and registered for the crossover brunch. We showed our coupons to the receptionist and were given wristband that served as our ticket to the four restaurants namely: Basix (Continental), Benjarong (Thai), Tosca (Italian) and Umu (Japanese). Our base restaurant (where we reserved for a table and ate to our tummy's content!) was Basix. I liked it there because the variety of food was almost complete!

All in all, we had one trip to Tosca (too full already when we went there) and Umu (not a big fan of Japanese food), two trips to Benjarong (loved their sweet and spicy wings!) and went a few rounds inside Basix. Obviously, we loved Basix. My top favorites were the lamb chops cooked Mediterranean style at the grilling station, the dimsum, and the fresh seafood.

I also appreciated that the buffet already included bottomless drinks and some mocktails. I think I drank four different beverages. You are to get them at the bar situated near the grand staircase. When we were there, the bartender was my kababayan pa! He was the cousin of my classmate and I was a year ahead of him back in high school in Nueva Ecija. What a small world!

It's true what I heard before that the crossover brunch is best enjoyed with family. The food choices were just insane, there's really something for everyone! Had we paid for it with the original price of P1,800 nett, it would still be worth every penny!

Service was okay, the staff were accommodating and polite. I had no complaints. The restroom was a bit far from our base restaurant but with all the food we ate, a little walking to burn the calories was just right.

As for the ambience, it was all good. Very hotel-appropriate, if you know what I mean. Basix looks like a classy resto, Umu was a little dark but very Asian, Benjarong and Tosca (both at the second floor) have a modern yet cozy feel. I'd still go for Basix, though, because I enjoyed resting my butt on their well-cushioned seats.

My verdict? Dusit Thani's Sunday Crossover Buffet is one dining experience that you shouldn't miss! :)

Dusit Thani Manila
Ayala Center, Makati

(+632) 238-8888

If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream