Thursday, August 13, 2009

Great Pizza at Mamma Maria's Pizzeria & Ristorante, Lapu-lapu City

Right after Edwin and I landed at Mactan International Airport last Friday, our ever-generous friend Chivs took us on a lunch out at Mactan Town Center in Lapu-lapu City. The three of us wolfed down a medium-sized pizza (8 slices, good for 3-4 persons) and shared two large servings of pasta : carbonara and meatball spaghetti at Mamma Maria's Pizzeria & Ristorante, the home of the biggest pizza in the world (52 inches).

Photobucket

I daresay the pizza at Mamma Maria's Pizzeria is one of the best I've ever tasted. The Opera Pizza we ordered which had tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, ham and tuna was a revelation. I didn't know the combination of tuna and ham could be that delectable. The ham was sweet and the tuna provided the needed kick of flavor. The crust was thin and flaky yet fresh and flavorful. The tasty and crunchy crust was a delight inside my mouth. The pizza was light yet filling. Chivs recommendation is indeed a winner!

Photobucket

I learned that the pizza dough at Mamma Maria's Pizzeria is made on the spot. I caught the pizza dough maker at work and asked for some snapshots and he gladly obliged.

Photobucket
The place is spacious as it's a food court and Mamma Maria's Pizzeria share it with other tenants such as Siomai sa Tisa and a specialty store. The interior isn't air-conditioned but is airy enough to provide good ventilation to diners.

Photobucket


Photobucket

I don't have much to say about the two pasta we ate except that I liked the carbonara better than the meatball spaghetti. The meatballs were too bland for my taste. Perhaps the fact that the pasta arrived late (more than 30 minutes and we almost canceled our order) made me lose my appetite for it.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Prices at Mamma Maria's Pizzeria are quite affordable. Pizza starts at P80 and pasta, P49 for the medium size. Allot P200 per head or less and you're bound to get a delightful snack or lunch. And if you happen to visit while their free drinks promo is up (just like when we did), you might just be able to save some bucks.

If only for the pizza, which I think is yummy, I'll go back to Mamma Mia's Pizzeria when I get back to Cebu this year. I plan to try the other pizza varieties that have quirky names such as Fantastico, Romeo and Tropicana.

Photobucket


Mamma Maria's Pizzeria & Ristorante
Mactan Town Center, Lapu-lapu City

Other Branches:
Cebu City (on Gorordo Avenue, fronting Asilo dela Milagrosa Chruch)
Delivery Hotline: (+6332) 417-1177

Bacolod City (on Lacson St.)
Silay City
Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with Foodiestation, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

2 comments:

  1. Largest pizza in the world!

    Did you guys finish a pizza as huge as that? :)

    Love this review, I might visit Cebu also pero baka di ko maubos ung pizza haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Style and relax: haha, i don't think we can finish a 52-inch pizza. go ahead, visit Cebu now and you'll surely have lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
pacquiao vs margarito 24/7 episode 1 2 3 4 video Haagen Dazs Robinsons Place Manila | Zest Air Promos | Sikat ang Pinoy | Cheap Braces Manila manny pacquiao vs antonio margarito Pacquiao vs Margarito Live Stream